Announcing a new Upcoming Workshop in Print and Stitch
The Forge Studios at Digswell near Welwyn will be the venue for a brand new two day Workshop in Print and Stitch.
This workshop will be led by Sally Tyrie, whose own work incorporates many of the methods that will be covered on this 2 day course.
For more about her work see; www.sallytyrie.com
* Dates; Saturday 20th May and Sunday 21st May
* Times; 10.30 – 4pm each day
* Fee; £110
* Tutor; Sally Tyrie
* Includes all materials
* Students will need to bring their own sewing machine.
* For additional information please see the main workshop page
or contact email@example.com
* Day 1 – will involve using a variety of print methods both with and without the press to create a series of colourful textural prints on various paper surfaces. You will have the opportunity to work both In a literal and none literal way and explore mark making, colour and surface. Prints will be created using both random creative markmaking as well as found and collected surfaces and objects.
* Day 2 – will involve exploring methods of additional mark making and drawing using machine stitch. There will also be opportunity to experiment with collage and assemblage using the machine stitch as a way to join, add surface detail and juxtapose printed marks and imagery.
All materials will be supplied
Materials supplied will include; printing media/ equipment / paper / oil based inks / sewing threads and spare bobbins/
Students will need to bring their own sewing machine and have a basic knowledge of how to operate their machine.
Machine techniques will be covered on the course.