(1) carylbeach.com. 5 day challenge to show three images of work for 5 days and nominate another artist each day to do the same. Day 1. three images:
Take a look at Gerry’s delightful sketch a day journal!
I always find it a bit difficult to get going again with my artwork in January. But when I arrived back home from being with my mum over christmas and new year there was a most wonderful surprise waiting for me on the door mat. My lovely niece in Brooklyn had gone to the trouble of finding and posting me a gift which was just what I needed to spur me on. A sketchbook journal, hopefully entitled ‘ONE SKETCH A DAY’. Inside it read ‘A yearlong record of sketches- because every daily drawing is worthy of remembrance.’ Further down the page it says ‘ HOW TO USE THIS BOOK’ with instructions on filling in the dates for today and tomorrow. Then it says ‘Now sharpen your pencil or take out your pen…’ Well after reading that I felt compelled to obey! Along with the book were some gorgeous christmas tree…
View original post 88 more words
Michele Nicholson-Rolls is fundraising for CAF -Women V Cancer Cycle Challenges - Cycle Africa. My Amazing friend is raising money for Women V Cancer. Michele's Story Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page. Here we go again, I'm completing my 3rd challenge for Women V Cancer. This time I'm hoping to raise …
Bob Ayre – Drummer
WHO AM I ?
I am a Semi-pro, mature, experienced, creative, quality Drummer based near St Albans, Hertfordshire, UK, with a keen interest in the Blues in all it’s forms. ( Click on any highlighted name in the text for the respective website)
I have played drums with Chris Lord & her Blues Express, have depped for Roadhouse, local Blues Bands and am a regular at jam nights in the UK . Currently working on some new projects, – – – – but I am also keen to explore other styles of drumming , so I’m always up for a challenge – try me !
Well here I am embarking on another step in my musical journey
“What have you been doing up to now and what’s new about this then ? ” I hear you ask – –
Here’s a quick run down of my drumming journey so far – –
- from school age to now a regular gig goer – list of gig’s to follow sometime ?
- August 2004 picked up drumsticks for the first time
- October 2004 played in public at Blues Jam, Half Moon Bishops Stortford first time. One of the most nerve wracking things I’ve ever done !
- created & promoted St Albans Blues club ‘Shades of Blues’ at The Maltings Arts Theatre, March 2006 to April 2009 ( run in from Sept.2005)
- 2007 handful of gigs with ‘Life of Riley’ local covers band
- 2008 formed ‘Dr Shades’ Blues band from audience members to ‘Shades of Blues’
- November 2008 ‘Dr Shades’ debut at…
View original post 151 more words